Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Pushing in Your Chairs

So for the past few days i've been working on a project for my video class which is about using in your chairs which you can watch here:

My team and I came up with the idea when our assignment was to make something about ONW procedures and promoting a good behavior at Northwest. I've been noticing that a lot of people haven't been outing in their chairs so I thought I'd change that. We created the story board and I wanted some humor in our video so most of the humor is mine. During the actual filming we had troubles when George forgot the SD card but we made up for it. It didn't take us long to shoot as it was a very short video, about 30 seconds. We had Evan and I be the actors while George and Nick be cameramen making sure everything was filming ok. Even though I didn't do a lot of the filming I still got to learn more about how to film better. After filming was wrapped we had to edit our videos separately and we all had to make it a little differently. I thought that editing would be harder but it was actually very easy to do and didn't take that long. However it took about 3 hours to edit an video that was only 30 seconds long.


I leaned a few things about the equipment while we were shooting. One thing I learned is that putting the camera on the tripod is pretty annoying when the camera doesn't want to go onto the tripod. I also learned how to zoom in while filming the video. Another thing that I learned about filming is how professional filming can be. Sure we messed around but the only thing it did was prolong the process of filming our video. The deadline was also hard to meet for me because there was more I wanted to do but there was no one to help me to do it since other kids were having trouble and I was the one who didn't get help. I'm  not blaming the teacher i'm blaming the other students for not knowing wants going on.
There aren't a lot of things i'd do differently other than spending more time on filming and making sure everything looks good and consistent. The only thing i'd really change is being able to add more of my own flavor to the video which I sort of did with the humor in the video. Overall the video looks good so thats why I wouldn't change as much. However there aren't a lot of things i'd do the same either. Other than doing the six shot system there's not a whole lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment