Friday, March 17, 2017

Napoleon Dynamite Recreation

The Scope

My group wanted to recreate a popular High School movie known as Napoleon Dynamite. While not directly recreating the trailer we created are our by using the shots and storytelling from the original trailer.

Process 

We started by watching the trailer multiple times to see how we could recreate the original trailer with our own equipment and our own actors. One member created a storyboard by taking screenshots from the trailer and adding audio cues and time stamps. we used the school and another members house to try to fully recreate the trailer. 

Learning Process

A few things that I learned along the way are quick pan shots to create a blur into a shot. There were also a few professional skills that I learned along the way. I learned how to work under pressure when scheduling conflicts come up or when people decide to back out last minute. We had to cut out an entire section because we couldn't get the necessary actors to do it. 

Changes

Some things that I would do differently are starting earlier with my project so that my group would not become as stressed as we did. I would also do m multiple takes so that we could create the right feel in our trailer. Some things that I would do the same is the natural lighting that we used. It worked better in our favor than I expected. I would also do the overall recreation the same because I thought that it was recreated very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment