Wednesday, May 24, 2017

End of the Year Reflection

Valuable Takeaways


In eComm we have 5 main guarantees which include Technology, Collaboration, Communication, Project Management, and Leadership. 

Technology

technology is one of the main skills that is involved in animation. All of the things we work with are technology based. Since everything is based around it I had to learn how to handle the technology. It's very important skill to have for a class that revolves around it. Sometimes technology doesn't like to work so you have to learn how to work around it. It took awhile for me to learn the skill, even after having to ask the teacher how to do things 50 times a day. It's not one of my strengths but not one of my weaknesses either if that makes any sense. I have significantly improved in technology but still have a ways to go. I still need to work on 3D modeling part of programs like Maya, so that I can use 3D models later on in life. The main part of technology that I am going to take away from Technology is the use of green screen. 

Collaboration

Collaboration isn't something much thought about in Animation. For most of the year we did work on our own and had very little group work. However you still have to be able to collaborate with the people around you. You don't have to like some one in order to collaborate with them which I learned very quickly. That's why it is such an important skill to have. This is definitely a weakness for me because I don't like working with people who are hard to work with. It's something that i've always been good at so there was a little room for improvement. I still have some things to work but its not to bad. 

Communication

Communication is always an important skill to have no matter what you're doing. If you don't know what you're doing, being able to communicate with others is a very important. I also had to communicate with my teacher multiple times. Being able to ask questions and tell him exactly what's going wrong is very important. There aren't very many challenges when it comes to communicating so that's not a problem. 

Project Management

This is a skill that is another one of my weaknesses. Sometimes the programs don't work quite the way that we want to so its hard to have good project management. It's important to have good project management because that will get your assignments get turned in on time and not having to stress about deadlines. I've improved quite a bit with management since starting animation and now most of my projects are turned in on time. 

Leadership

Leadership isn't very prevalent in animation since we don't really have a chance since it's mostly solo work. leadership comes in when we work in groups and when people look to you for help. It's important to have leadership and lead people because that will take you a very far. It's something that i've improved on since i've ;earned a few other things and have been able to lead other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment