Monday, October 19, 2015

Schools and Tweets
In class the other day we read and article about schools looking at your tweets. Depending on what students wrote on social media that was a big deciding factor for students going into colleges. If they wrote inappropriate things ion social media they could be denied a place in college. Some schools are even teaching students how to handle this by making two accounts and deleting drunk twitter posts. 

What is surprising in this article is how much social media colleges look at. I didn't know that colleges went as far as to look at your e-mail. Even one tweet could ruin your college application. One thing I knew was that some businesses looked at your social media posts but I didn't know that colleges looked at your social media and I didn't know that many colleges looked at you social media posts. 

Some things that confused me in the article were the fact as to why colleges even look at your social media posts. Everyone has done something stupid in their past but it shouldn't affect what college they go to. Another thing that I had a question on was if our high schools look at our social media to see what kind of person we are. Does Olathe Northwest look at our social media to figure out what kind of person we are?

This doesn't really impact the way I look at social media because I knew that employers and such look at social media so it doesn't really change anything that colleges look at social media. I don't post bad things on social media but occasionally if something offends me i'll comment about it but most of the time I won't. So this whole little schools looking at social media doesn't change me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment